Interested in joining the team?
A rare opportunity has arisen to join one of Patagonia’s most respected and reliable travel companies as an Experience Designer/Sales Consultant.
The position will require you to liaise with overseas clients in English or Spanish with a view to helping them plan their extraordinary trip to Patagonia and other parts of Chile.
Joining one of Patagonia’s most ethically responsible and longstanding tour operators you will work with a small team of committed individuals who are some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. Passionate about what we do and the area in which we operate we strive to deliver exceptional levels of service throughout all contact with our clients both in the planning stages and in the delivery of a first class and memorable travel experience.
With the majority of contact being via email it is essential that your written English is faultless and that you are happy spending a lot of time on the computer. You should possess excellent communication skills and be technically competent, hard working, dedicated and have a passion for Patagonia and its people and landscapes.
A flair for sales and a persuasive nature would be a great advantage.
~If you have the right skills and are keen to join a small, dynamic and growing team where you can really make a difference then we would love to hear from you~
Respond professionally and promptly to emails from clients and suggest/design suitable trips and itineraries that take account of their needs, ages, requirements and price level (starting with W and Circuit trips and moving on to more complicated trips and experiences as your knowledge grows)
Liaise with managers regarding pricing and availability and ensure all correspondence and proposals to the client are delivered in a well written, well presented, clear and professional format
Keep excellent records and filing to ensure what is promised and sold to the client is delivered by following a strict set of administration guidelines and procedures.
Liaise with logistics and reservations to ensure that all the reservations are in place and that everybody is clear on what has been agreed with the client
Ensure guide and logistics are updated and informed regarding any special requests or needs of the client, for example honeymoon trip, special diet, medical condition, birthday request etc
Respond to clients’ questions promptly via email regarding practical information, bus tickets, climate, etc.
Provide holiday cover where necessary dealing with emails and enquiries as they come in.
Raise all paperwork with client as part of the booking process from initial proposal to confirmation invoice and eventually final trip confirmation prior to travel.
Build trust and confidence with your potential clients by responding to all emails and questions in a timely and professional manner.
Ensure you work as a team by copying relevant emails as appropriate during the sales and pre-trip confirmation process to ensure the team is aware and up to date
Support BlueGreen sales as required including raising paperwork, dealing with post-sale client questions, organizing extra travel arrangements, hotel nights and preparing final pre-trip documents.
Deal with BlueGreen’s network of suppliers and hotels in other parts of Chile and Argentina when these destinations are included as part of a client’s proposal.
Assist in updates to BlueGreen’s website and help with the collating of sales information, prices and itineraries as required
Build and nurture relationships with other operators to extend the BlueGreen badge of professionalism and reliability by acting in a professional and organized manner at all times.
Help increase sales by assisting and coming up with general marketing or sales initiatives, developing new products and designing social media strategies
1. Excellent Communication and Written Skills mainly in English (also verbal English for when you are required to meet or talk to clients );
2. Organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks (you need to be able to organize, plan and retain lots of information and keep excellent records);
3. Professionalism (in all written/verbal conversations with the client and our service providers);
4. Problem Solving our business is a complicated one and if somebody loses their luggage or is delayed because a volcano is erupting they you need to be able to solve the problem and deal with their anxiety and frustration. There will be times when you will need to make decisions on your own so an ability to think fast and act on your feet is important along with taking initiative and responsibility and behaving in a confident and competent manner at all times.
5. Self motivation and ability to work alone you should have a lot of energy and enthusiasm and have a desire to be a contributing member of the team even if you are working remotely
6. Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy is essential to minimize mistakes
7. Technical competence you should be technically able and have good keyboard skills (it will help if you are a fast typist) as there are a lot of emails and writing involved.
8. Basic maths and ability to analyse data you should be able to understand spreadsheets and pricing and be comfortable with percentages and adding/deducting commission. There will be times when you have to analyse data and prices from various sources and put this into a readable and understandable format for our clients.
9. Knowledge of the Park it it would help if you have a good knowledge of the Park and other areas of Patagonia and Chile although this will develop and grow with the position.
10. You should have a desire and ability to connect with and inspire potential clients building trust and credibility during email conversations. If you have some sales experience that would be extremely useful although a desire to achieve and positive attitude are just as important.
11. Ability to work as a team even though some of the working can be remote.
12. Ambition to achieve and contribute to a busy, dedicated team organizing incredible and memorable experiences to some of the world’s most beautiful places.
13. You should have at least 3 years experience of working in a similar organization, ideally one that involves written contact with English speaking clients and the same high levels of organization such as another travel company or hotel.
Employment Details and Remuneration
Excellent salary and package for the right person. This is a career position and full training will be provided for the right candidate. You will be mainly based in our office in Puerto Natales but depending on your circumstances there may be an opportunity for some remote working, especially during the off-season between April and October.
The position is full-time from Monday to Friday with the occasional requirement for weekend work and late evenings, especially during the peak Patagonia season.
This is a new position that will give a lot of scope to the right person to achieve and grow within the organization. BlueGreen has been operating in the area for over 20 years and we are now in a new phase of our growth hence the need to expand our team.
If you are enthusiastic and driven you will fit into our small team of passionate individuals very well. We enjoy what we do and enjoy working and being together, both in work and play. The rewards are plentiful; enjoying the incredible environment of Patagonia while creating wonderful itineraries that turn our clients into friends and create lasting memories for those that visit us.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2016.
Location: BlueGreen Adventures, Puerto Natales (Magallanes), CHILE
*Some remote working permitted, subject to agreement and depending on circumstances
Step 1: Please send a copy of your CV together with a short covering email telling us, in English, why you would like to join Bluegreen Adventures. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: We will schedule a short email dialogue whereby our native English speaker will converse with you by email. Part of this process will involve responding to a simple pretend client enquiry to assess your communication and written English
Step 3: We will arrange an interview in English via Skype with the partners of the company.
Start date: 1st June (to be discussed/confirmed) 2016
Scientific Tourism in Patagonia
A new innovative project looks to establish Patagonia’s vast network of archipelagos as a world-class destination for scientific tourism.
The wide variety of ecosystems and the abundance of remote places in one of the planet’s southernmost corners, make it an impressive option for those seeking a way to improve their scientific knowledge in the field. This special project, which combines science and tourism, is being undertaken by the Centro de Investigación en Ecosistemas de la Patagonia (CIEP) with support from Chile’s Department of Sustainable Tourism and Scientific Tourism.
Financed by the Fondo Multilateral de Inversiones (Fomin) of the Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID), the project called “Patagonian Archipelagos: International Destination for Scientific Tourism,” looks to establish tourism along the coast of Aysén, with the goal of socioeconomic growth in local communities and the conservation of fragile ecosystems of global significance. Highly innovative, success with the project could create a model for use throughout Latin America.
With an alliance equal parts public and private, the project seeks to create an identity and reputation in the scientific tourism industry, while facilitating the participation of visiting scientists and the local community in scientific explorations and investigation in Patagonia.
CIEP resident investigator and project director, Fabien Bourlon, noted, “This project considers a vision of development that is integrated with the local community and that considers the identities, patrimony, and customs of the coastal communities in the Aysén Region. This is the basis of our proposal, and with it we hope to foster significant socioeconomic change in the lives of those of the territory.”
This innovative project, which bridges field investigation and the pursuit of scientific knowledge to tourism, hopes to bring to fruition a new economic model for this remote region, that is both viable in the long-term and environmentally sustainable. While offering visitors to Patagonia an excellent and enriching way to explore one of the world’s last remaining truly wild territories and advance our understanding of its unique ecosystems.
New Cookery Workshops now available in Puerto Natales